sexta-feira, 13 de março de 2015

Itazura na Kiss, Love in Tokyo Review


Well, I know that the series aren’t over yet, but… I do need to speak my mind and heart. And they say….. This is one of the SWEETEST Dramas I’ve ever seen to date.



You know how expectations can influence our linking about a certain song, movie or in this case, a certain anime and drama. So, let me start by explaining my relationship with “Itazura na Kiss” series along the years. I haven’t read the manga, but I did see the whole anime series a couple of years ago. The problem is… I saw this anime after seeing a bunch of killer animes in the same genre… As “Bokura ga ita”, “Lovely Complex”… And because of that, I was really excited to finally see an anime who would go through from the beginning to the stage where the couple is married and has kids… So I found “Itazura na kiss” in the recommendations. Unfortunelly, after seeing animes so intense as the ones I’ve mentioned… “Itazura na kiss” didn’t met my expectations at all… I’ve seen the whole thing, but to end up with just a feeling of disappointment. How can a series that go through the very first meeting stage to the “we have a child” stage, have so little character development? How can it be allways focusing around the same issues in their relationship? I mean, after seeing animes where the characters change drastically just within the high school period… I was bored by this anime. And by the characters who’ve shown no growth or even made sense sometimes.

I’m sorry, I know that it’s kind of a controversial opinion, and I know If by chance I saw this anime before seeing the best of the best before, I would have enjoyed Itazura na kiss anime more, but it didn’t happen. And because of that, I tried seeing the drama versions (either the Korean or the Japanese ones), but neither did grab my attention at all. Too much like the anime.

Even though, because this one was recent I tried to give it a shot. And thank goodness I did. This drama saved this series for me. Because, as Yuki Furakawa mentioned in an interview, the cast in general didn’t see the anime or the other various dramas versions, they’ve only read the manga. And that was brilliant! And I don’t need to read the manga to know this, but the interpretation that each of them gave to the characters and their loyalty to manga, made the whole story and relationships to the characters look a lot more realistic. Finally we see an Irie Naoki with emotions and with a body language and way of saying that go beyond the “mean” personality. And for that, Yuki Furakawa- You’re not only incredible handsome, and a tease, you’re brilliant, just as the Naoki you’ve created.  

 And you know what? In Portugal we have a saying that goes like this: “You don’t have a great men, without a great women behind him”, and with that, I have to say – Honoka-san, you started this so young, and it’s been a pleasure see you grow with each episode as Kotoko. And your chemistry as a couple, is amazing, and the fact that you’re 10 years apart (wich is no news to the drama world. Exemple: High School Love on), and you can have such chemistry, it amazes me.

And that’s it. I can’t wait for the final episodes that are to come, because I already know the story ihih ~ And I’m going be so sad and feel so empty when the series end. So, Thank You for being for giving us such a good time. This is by far the Japanese drama I’ve seen to date.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário