“If only I knew then what I know now”, “If only I could go back in time”, “If only I could resay or redo things I’ve said and done”, so cliché and used words that spell one only word: Regret.
I’ve already talked about how “what if’s” could influence our minds, how illusions are part of our lives… But the mistakes or the things that we wanted to do but didn’t do after all, can easily haunt us as well. To look back at a phase we were at in our lives and think “wow, that sucked, why did I put up with that?”, or even “why did I hang out with that person at all?”, and even if we don’t want it, that phase will always be part of us, there’s nothing we can do about it. Sometimes it hurts to look back, sometimes we feel ashamed remembering some episodes that happen that day because of that thing. These are normal reactions, and sometimes we take it in and learn from experience, and we even think that this new knowledge is our highest truth and the slogan of our lives. We think “Oh, I’m so wise, I’ve been through so much”, even If we learn that humility is a thing to value. We forget that the things that we’re experiencing now, are also object of evaluation, reflection, thinking… And that kind of attitude can bring us trouble too, and with that, before we know it, we’re hurting again.
People won’t change just because you changed. Mean people will still exist, people older than us that are more immature will still exist, people younger than us that are more wiser than us will also still exist. People won’t adapt to you, the world won’t adapt to you, and just because you have some self-called skills, you have no right to demand that same skill from others. And this, this is what’s called humility, and If you have it, karma will have less reasons to affect you, and life will smile to you. New beginnings are real, kind people are real, people who value that same things as you, are also real… So treat them well, If you feel insecure, don’t charge them with that by using aggression, don’t take them for granted, don’t give them reasons to bring your worst side to the surface, because that way, you’ll regret that later, and once again regret fills your mind and heart, and a never ending cycle is formed.

Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário