Don’t want cheesy things? Well I chosed a cheesy movie! – what a rebel.
So, the reason what I chose this movie is pretty obvious. I’m not an expert, but I love anime, for some reason (and I’m excluding Hentai from this affirmation), anime seems to me the only type of cartoon series and movies that are entertaining for both children and adults, without making them not understandable for childreen and not considered stupid or boring by elders. “Howls Moving Castel” is not exception to that. I think it is not very discussable the opinion that Hayao Miyazaki is the best anime director. I liked “Spirited Away”, but for some reason “Howls Moving Castle” was a lot more fascinating to me. My theory in that is that “Spirited Away” is more commercial or I related more with the characters on "Howl's Moving Castle". My conclusion is that is probably a little bit of both. But that’s just my opinion. – perfectly arguable.
Yes, an average normal girl finding a cute, gorgeous, kind magician guy and him to fall in love with her it’s a pretty damn attractive idea. But the values, the perspectives on War and the way different people handle it, is also interesting and present in this film. And the intention behind people’s actions and choices and their personal history, it’s clear in this movie. Also, the physical aspect that it’s transmitted in this movie is subtle and in my opinion very relevant to express to people. The fact that someone young with a old body is recognize as just someone with a young mind with physical obstacles, leads to the importance of the personality of someone, and to not judge a book from its cover. – that’s sweet. And the idea of that someone who becomes lost in his own world and its own goals loses his heart even If is a kind person, that’s a pretty good metaphor.
The music in the movie is no less than expected from an anime and it is perfect for the context which is in. So, not wanting to be more spoiler for the ones who actually didn’t see it back in 2004, I'll just advice someone that only saw this movie back then or doesn’t see it in a while,see it again! This is a pretty good movie to repeat, You’ll probably notice some details you didn’t notice before.
Being that said, this movie is in my favorite list… ;)
And with this soulfull, brilliant and romantic soundtrack I end my first pseudo-movie review.

Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário